Monday, June 1, 2009

DREAM DESTINATION: Spain

It is one of the cultural centers in Europe. Their cities and towns offer the oldest monuments but also modern infrastructures. Spain is known for their Flamenco dances and music, their bull fights and beaches. I would love to explore Spain because I find their culture and history very interesting.



L'AQUARIUM DE BARCELONA
It opened on September 8, 1995 and has a series of tanks, animals, and different species. I have always loved going to these aquariums. I love seeing the fishes swim around me! I want to explore their world under water. L'Aquarium de Barcelona offers an activity called DIVING WITH THE SHARKS. I want to try this!!! I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience. But I'm kind of having second thoughts because even if they assure you that this is a safe activity, hello, they're still SHARKS.








MAGIC FOUNTAIN OF MONTJUIC

Opened on May 19, 1929. This idea was started by Carles Buigas when the Great Universal Exhibition 1929 was starting and decided that it needed something special. His idea showcases light, water and color. More than 3,000 workers made this fountain happen! To this day, this is the only remaining works of light, water and color. I have seen different fountains but I want to see how magical this fountain is.






ESTADIO SANTIAGO BERNABEU

It is one of the world's prestigious and and famous venues. It opened on December 14, 1947. It is a football stadium in Madrid, Spain which is the home of Real Madrid. I am not a die hard fan of football but I want to experience watching a game! I have watched the movie, Goal which is all about football. I have never watched a live game in a stadium (except for UAAP) and I want to try watching here!




SAN GINES CHURRERIA

Spain is known for their traditional churros with chocolate. I loooooooove! Yummm! In the Philippines, the yummiest churros I have tasted is from Dulcinea. I love their churros! In Spain, San Gines is the most famous churreria in Madrid. Most people would go there after a night out with their friends. The store is open the whole day except for 7-930 in the morning. I want to try these!!! This made me crave for churros. I'm going to get one now!

No comments:

Post a Comment