Sunday, July 12, 2009

GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE: Barbie

BARBIE BARBIE BARBIE! As a young girl, I wasn't a fan of dolls. I didn't like their hair, their eyes, specially those with rolling or closing eyes! They freak me out! But, there was one time when my older cousin introduced me to Barbie, she played with me the whole afternoon and I enjoyed playing with it. She even wore this Mickey Mouse hat, which the Barbie doll also has. Since then, I started to like Barbie dolls. Everytime we go out of the country, my grandpa would get me a Barbie doll from Toys R Us and I'd be the happiest kid! Ohh. I miss those times!





Barbie has been there for 50years now. They just celebrated Barbie's 50th anniversary! All I can say is that, it is really something that little girls wouldn't miss in their childhood. Most of the little girls would have atleast one Barbie doll in their life. As the years pass, Barbie is getting modern and modern and adapting to the styles of the present. They even came up with Barbies that has tatoos and different hair colors. During my time, there were only plain Barbies, the more simple ones. Now, when you enter a toy store, you'll be mesmerized with the diverse choices of Barbie dolls.

Barbie is fun to play with because you can change her clothes, accessories and fix her hair the way you want it to look. They even have little hangers for her clothes! Cuuute. They even have houses and parlors or gardens, and even cars! I even had this bathroom set together with Kelly, and they have tissue paper! It's the cutest!! I celebrated my 7th birthday with a Barbie theme. I had a Barbie doll on top of my cake and. . DISASTER strikes! Her dress got burned from the candle! Boo. Good thing, I was able to blow it immediately!



Ofcourse, Barbie wouldn't be complete without Ken!!


No comments:

Post a Comment